- This event has passed.
Clear Creeks Project Open House
October 4 @ 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Note: This event will be held outdoors. All participants are required to wear masks and maintain social distancing.
Do unto those Downstream as you’d have those Upstream do unto you!
Local institutions are incorporating native plants into their landscaping to improve water quality. Stormwater runoff–the rain that flows over roofs, parking lots, and other impervious surfaces–is one of the leading sources of pollution into the Chesapeake Bay. You’re invited to attend our Clear Creeks Project Open House to learn how YOU can reduce pollution, beautify your yard, and solve local flooding issues on your property.
- Last chance to purchase rain barrels this year! Click here to pre-order a blue or white rain barrel.
- Cost is $35/barrel for residents within the Clear Creeks Project area and OLMC parishioners. View our interactive map to see if your property is within our project area
- Otherwise each barrel will cost $70
- Take an outdoor tour of Our Lady of Mount Carmel to see how they have made their campus Bay-Wise while also providing parishioners and students with hands-on opportunities to engage in care for Creation.
- Tours will be staggered during the Open House. We will have multiple tour guides available to minimize the number of people attending each tour.
This event is part of a partnership between Our Lady of Mount Carmel and the Clear Creeks Project. Coordinated by the Gunpowder Valley Conservancy, the Clear Creeks Project is a grant-funded, citizen-based initiative that helps answer a community desire to restore the water quality of the Bird River, Lower Gunpowder Falls, Middle River, and Tidal Gunpowder watersheds. Additional funding provided by the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation; Chesapeake Bay Trust; Baltimore County Department of Environmental Protection and Sustainability; Baltimore Gas and Electric; and Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays Trust Fund, administered by Maryland Department of Natural Resources.