- This event has passed.
Rain Barrel sale
July 31 @ 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Save water, save money, and save our local waterways all at the same time!
Learn all about rain barrels and how to install them on your property at this FREE workshop at Pine Ridge Golf Course (2101 Dulaney Valley Road, Timonium, MD 21093) Rain barrels help reduce stormwater runoff that can carry pollutants to our creeks and the Chesapeake Bay. Water your garden and lawn, or wash your car with the water that you conserve!
We are offering two opportunities to purchase rain barrels:
- Attend a brief workshop with Gunpowder Valley Conservancy (GVC) staff to learn about rain barrel benefits as well as proper assembly and maintenance. Space limited to 15 people. Workshop will be held outdoors from 10:00 am – 11:30 am. Click here to register for the rain barrel workshop.
- Participate in curbside pickup to receive your barrel and instruction manual between 11:30 am – 12:00 pm. Click here to register for curbside pickup.
Registration deadline is Tuesday, July 27. We currently have blue and white barrels available for purchase. Barrels donated by McCormick and Company, Inc.
How much does a Rain Barrel cost?
Anyone can attend this educational workshop to learn about the benefits of a rain barrel. There is, however, a cost for the rain barrels (assembly kits included):
- Residents of Bird River, Loch Raven East, Loch Raven South, Lower Gunpowder Falls, Middle River, and Tidal Gunpowder watersheds: $35
- This price reflects a 50% savings through our Clear Creeks Project cost/share program
- View our interactive map to see if your property is within our Clear Creeks Project watersheds
- Gunpowder Valley Conservancy members: $60
- Non-members: $70
You will receive an automatic email when you sign up for either event. GVC staff will then send a follow-up email soon after with more details about the final cost of your purchase based on your eligibility for our discounts. Note: Participants are encouraged to wear face masks during this event. The event will be held outdoors and adhere to our COVID-19 social distancing policy.
Questions? Contact Peg Perry, Clear Creeks Project Manager, at (443) 415-7969 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop is part of the Clear Creeks Project. Coordinated by the Gunpowder Valley Conservancy, the Clear Creeks Project is a grant-funded, citizen-based initiative that helps answer a community desire to restore the water quality of the Bird River, Lower Gunpowder Falls, Middle River, and Tidal Gunpowder watersheds. Additional funding provided by the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation; Baltimore County Department of Environmental Protection and Sustainability; and Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays Trust Fund, administered by Maryland Department of Natural Resources.